Local business listings are simply profiles of your key business information on other websites or apps. Pre-internet (hard to imagine) companies used publications, such as the Yellow Pages, to spread the word about local businesses and how to contact them. When information changed for a business, everyone had to wait until the delivery of the next publication to get the new information. There were only a few major publications that could be found in a common drawer of every kitchen. Today, all business information can be found online in a wide variety of locations such as Google, Facebook, Yelp, etc. Each online site has a unique procedure and process to display, update, and search for business information. There are three key things to consider for a business when managing your local business listings.
- Is my business listed on the major listing sites that my market is using?
- Is my business information listed correctly and consistently?
- Is my brand identity being displayed consistently within my standards?
The Value of Local Business Listings
- Great for local search engine search optimization
- Easy way to spread the word about your business and services
- Most local business listing sites have a free listing option
- Put your business information where people are looking
- Provide a credible way to capture reviews and connect them to your business
What We Do/How We Help
- Review where your business is being listed and resolve any inconsistencies
- Find and publish new listing opportunities
- Expand your business listing profiles where there is value
- Ensure your brand is consistent across listings
- Bring poor reviews to your attention and assist with a response/mediation strategy
Need help updating your local business pages? Contact us today.